Associations, faith-based organizations, social services organizations, private foundations, private schools and other nonprofit entities need a tax partner with extensive experience in tax-exemptions.
Our dedicated team of nonprofit tax experts understand your Form 990 is more than just a tax return; it is an overview of your financials, and it outlines your mission and the achievements you’ve made throughout the year.
We also understand the Form 990 isn’t the only tax-related hurdle nonprofit organizations face.
We excel at helping nonprofits address a full spectrum of tax issues including:
- IRS Forms 990 and 990T: With more than 600 nonprofit clients, we have extensive experience with these crucial filings. Instead of just taking a check-the-box approach, we can help you use your Form 990 as a strategic tool.
- Unrelated Business Income (UBI) Tax: The distinctions between tax-exempt revenue and the taxable realm of unrelated business income can be complicated. We’ll help you navigate the highly technical rules that separate the two.
- Multi-entity Planning: For-profit companies aren’t the only ones that can benefit from a multi-entity corporate structure. Used properly, it can help nonprofit organizations manage risk and protect their tax-exempt status.
- State and Local Tax Returns: Our nonprofit specialists can prepare state and local filings required for income, sales and use or property taxes with maximum efficiency.
- Application for Exemption: We can help your organization obtain or reinstate its tax-exempt status by completing and filing Forms 1023 or 1023ez with the IRS.
- State Charitable Registration: We can help you avoid nonprofit tax penalties by maintaining active state registration status in the states where your nonprofit solicits donations.
- Planned Giving: Some donations can end up costing your organization more than the value of the gift. We can help you develop a strong, well-planned gift acceptance policy to prevent these types of surprises.